Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Writer's Block AGAIN

Son of a bitch.

I finally have a great idea, and get the idea down into the computer for my stories that I am writing, but once I get the idea on paper I got nowhere else. I just....damn it! I've been trying to get writing done and I just can't get anything out. Nothing about my story, anyway. All I've been able to do is tweak characteristics and character names, maybe a little about the place.

For those interested, it's about a FBI profiler who wins a huge Powerball jackpot and decides to leave the FBI and move home. Jaded by all the negativity she saw while working for the FBI, she decides to use the money to open a community center with the help of an old high school crush. the series starts with their story and how they get together, the next book involves one of her sisters, who has a horrible husband leave her with two small kids, and her rebuilding of her life with a possible new love interest. The third is their other sister, a widow from the war on terror who is becoming an architect and butts heads with the Village mayor about the revitalization of the village with all the small businesses opening up after the community center classes. Through all of them is their older brother, who looks out for them all and is caring but not so good at showing it. There will be more stories after it, probably, but the overall theme is how a town is learning to rebuild in an economy where the small town lifestyle is usually a dying breed. The first heroine is the one who gets the ball rolling by proposing a small business course at the community center, where people can learn to start something new and vital to a town and creating grants from her money to help some get started with strict guidelines on how to qualify.

1 comment:

  1. I get exactly the same way! I've tried carrying around a pad of paper in case I come of with something creative, but then I forget to write it down! lol!

    I'm just stopping by from Social Moms

    When you have a chance, please come and meet us over at voiceBoks.com. It is a great site that allows women to engage and really connect with each other. You won't find the same unpromising atmosphere that you normally do elsewhere. Our site allows you to gain INSTANT followers (yes, they really do follow, you'll see), INCREASE YOUR TRAFFIC, and have a chance to connect with some great women. The traffic we generate for our members is usually VERY good considering we're a fairly new site. In just 1 month after our relaunch, we accumulated over 18,000 posts and 365,500 page visits! Please come take a look and I guarantee you will be impressed with the results.

    You may also check out these sites for testimonials of our site:

    Best Social Network of the Year

    A Great Blogging Community for Moms

    and... Top 10 Blogs for Work at Home Moms

    Hope to see you there!

    Sincerely,

    Lexie Lane
    www.voiceboks.com

    ReplyDelete