Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mother's Day....dreading it....

I love my husband, I really do. However, he does not seem to understand the concept of gifts. For Valentine's Day he gave me a little jewelry box...that he got free after picking out his pocket watch that I said I would buy him for V-Day. He knows I am not into gifts of flowers, since they only last so long unless they are a plant. For my birthday last year he bought me a game I told him NOT to get because I didn't want it and because I knew I would never have time to play it.

Mother's Day is coming, and while he's getting wise and asking me what I want, it's not that simple. I know what I want, but I know it's not feasible right now with our budget and his schedule. What I want is 48 hours all to myself, away from the Monkey Child and the Booger Head, and maybe a chance to feel girly. I live in a house full of boys, and always have, so there are times I want to feel feminine and pretty. Of course, as a man he does not understand that, but still. How am I supposed to translate that into something he can actually do?

1 comment:

  1. Maybe he can't do 48 hours, but you could try for a day. :) Round up a couple of girlfriends and head out for lunch and a mani/pedi. At least it will give you a bit of a break, where you can eat a nice meal in a nice place without having to ask for extra napkins to clean the drool and baby-food off your new blouse. LOL!

    Or you could ask him to check around local spa places in your area and see if there are Mother's Day specials on massages or spa facials. I bet there'll be a few!

    ReplyDelete