So after the past few nights, I think I am pretty sure the Monkey Child will definitely be the only kiddo, at least that I carry and give birth to. He's been on a growth spurt as well as cutting those really sharp teeth, so his sleep patterns are off and leaves his Mama so very tired. Sleeping when he sleeps is not an option when he will only sleep in our bed or with me rocking in the recliner (I swear, my calves have never had such a workout as they had last night. Rocked him for 5 hours....). The transition to straight solid foods is slow going, but improving. We're breaking him of the bottle habit as of July first, and he's only down to one in the morning and maybe one at night.
I just wish the Bald Man would realize that I REALLY do not want to go through all the risks and dangers of another pregnancy, EVER. The problem lies in the fact that I believe in adoption as an option, but he's not sold on it. I would love to wait until I finish grad school and get settled into a job, then look into adopting a child somewhat close in age to Monkey Child so that he can have a playmate.
To go through another pregnancy would mean constant monitoring, bedrest from 14 weeks on, risk of abruption or placental problems, and a guarantee of a child likely to need some NICU time. Why subject my family to all of that, and the stress of bedrest, when there are so many children out there who need homes?
The Daycare hunt still goes on. Most places in our area have a very long waiting list, and some cannot take him at all because of the asthma. We have one more place to call and leave a voicemail, and if that isn't an option I am going to put him on the waiting list at Bright Beginnings, which is run by the YMCA in Plattsburgh. I've had friends who have worked there, and some people I know had their kids there, and it's awesome. A little more expensive than home care, but definitely better for socialization, etc, which is why I am looking into it. As much as I appreciate SuperGrammy's help of once a week, she's not very reliable, especially when it comes to sticking to a schedule. We will still have to rely on her until he can get in, but until we get him into a place, I am only planning on taking one class at a time (the program I am in allows you to take either one or two at a time). If we can potty train him early we may be able to get him in sooner rather than later. :-) We'll see how that goes over time. He's definitely not ready yet...