Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 22, 2011

writing breakthrough

so while I am still trying to get the novel(s) written, I have ideas as to maybe getting some looser ideas together into a book, sort of a collection of short stories. I'm just not sure if I should make it a mix of the mainstream ramblings of thought, or throw in the more....shall we say, graphic stories as well, or do a separate book of the graphic stuff. I guess for now, I'll just stick to writing what I can get on paper and go from there.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, I'd keep more graphic separate from more mainstream. I like both, but not generally at the same time, and when I'm in the mood for mainstream and get (figuratively) walloped in the face with the graphic content, it's off-putting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. It's pretty intense, and I don't want someone who reads the regular stories to be shocked by the changes in tone. It seems like I have two tones, one that leans towards the Debbie Macomber fans (although not preachy like some of her stories get), and then the Nora/Sam Hunter/Erin MacCarthy tone, which also has relationship building but is definitely more graphic and heated. We'll see which one I get more of done, then I'll figure it out.

    ReplyDelete